Reminder: Any member of the Steering Cttee or any member of the non-voting Advisors group who is unable to attend the TPF meeting in person can voice their approval or concerns about an agenda item via the listserv dedicated to TPF internal correspondence, by sending a message to email@example.com (Membership on the listserv is by invitation only.)
In addition to the Steering Committee (the Board), we have a group of non-voting advisors and wisdom-keepers. For 2018, the Advisory Group (honorary positions, TPF emeritii and patrons) consists of the following people:
- N. Moran, past TPF president, Tulsa, Okla
- T. Luce, TPF emeritus member, and a veteran of the Korean War, Tulsa, Okla
- C. Beckwith, TPF emeritus member, Tulsa, Okla
- V. Mapstone-Ackerman, TPF emerita member (out of state)
- L. Hicks, TPF emeritus member, Tulsa, Okla
- B. Griffin, TPF emeritus member, former TPF webmaster
- D. Satterthwaite, Green Country Quakers, Tulsa, OK
- M. Clarke, Humanist Association (Tulsa chapter) & TPF emerita, Tulsa, Okla
- N. Batchelder, Peace House in OKC, Oklahoma City, Okla
- R. Friend, in OKC
- A. Spotts, TPF emerita member (out of state)
- G. Holmes, T-Town DFA and Oklahoma Veterans Cttee (Tulsa Democrats), in Tulsa, Okla
- R. Guay, Oklahoma Center for Conscience (OCC), in Oklahoma City.
- B. Bryant, Oklahoma chapter of Global Solutions (ok-global), in Oklahoma City
- A. Mason, former TPF "ambassador" in the Nation's Capitol, with Dorothy Day Catholic Worker, in Washington D.C.
- K. Mason, former TPF "ambassador" in the Nation's Capitol, Dorothy Day Catholic Worker, in Washington D.C.
- J. Hoskins, former TPF SteeringCttee member 2009-2011, in Vinita, Oklahoma
- V. Adams-Harris, Unitarian Universalist Church of the Restoration, in the Greenwood District, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- E. Hatley, Riverkeeper for the Grand River, NE Oklahoma; and director or co-founder of LEAD (Local Environmental Action Demanded), Vinita, Oklahoma.
Bryan W. Cheek, former TPF Vice-President 2011-2012, and former member of the TPF SteeringCttee; he was a member of TPF since 2003. He died 17th March 2018.
- Clark Inkaniswh, Native American Church, former TPF SteeringCttee member 2009-2011, and former TPF Advisor, 2012-2015, in Tulsa, Okla. He died 23rd November 2015. A funeral service was held in Broken Arrow, 2nd Dec 2015. An active board member, he gave the keynote address, Dec 2012, at our 10-year landmark celebration.
- Armin Saeger, former TPF advisor from Green Country Quakers, Tulsa OK, died 28th April 2012. He was a WWII Conscientious Objector (C.O.), and the author of an autobiography entitled Sowing My Quaker Oats (2010). Obituary online.
Harry Allison, former TPF advisor. He died in 2008.
Our activism is undertaken to a degree under the following larger regional and national organizations.
Umbrella Groups for TPF Activism & Fellowship:
In other words, how is TPF structured?
We are a grassroots, bottom-up, civic-sector organization, organized as a collective. We are governed by an entirely volunteer Steering Committee, equivalent to a Board of Directors, including three volunteer officers (President, Vice-President and Secretary/Treasurer). The Steering Committee consists of the nine or ten most active and engaged members of the Fellowship, selected annually. We follow an internal by-law on consensus decision making. We also have a non-voting Advisory Group, consisting of former board members, our financial supporters, and wisdom keepers. There are various sub-committees or task forces with specific peace-related missions, organized by issue, which you can join. We are a registered non-profit.
~on behalf of the TPF Steering Cttee
"There never was a good war or a bad peace."