There never was a good war or a bad peace. ~Ben Franklin
More context/background: The long-term implications for anyone involved
Scores of workers have died after making nuclear weapons at the Bannister Road plant
TPF officially endorses the "Back away from the Brink" campaign, to prevent nuclear war. We subscribed to the following statement, June 2019:
We call on the United States to lead a global effort to prevent nuclear war by:
* renouncing the option of using nuclear weapons first;
* ending the sole, unchecked authority of any US president to launch a nuclear attack;
* taking US nuclear weapons off hair-trigger alert;
* cancelling the plan to replace the entire US nuclear arsenal with enhanced weapons; and
* actively pursuing a verifiable agreement among nuclear armed states to eliminate their nuclear arsenals.
The campaign is organized by Physicans for Social Responsibility (PSR) in response to the nuclear brinksmanship of the Trump administration.