Tulsa Peace Fellowship

There never was a good war or a bad peace. ~Ben Franklin

Posting on behalf of a TPF Steering Committee member:

I just wrote to Tulsa Channel 6 (CBS) TV to question their lack of judgment in running (multiple) ads on Friday, Jan 4, for the Metcalf Gun Show in Tulsa this weekend.  Channel 6 News was still covering the Sandy Hook massacre story...

If you saw the article about the Stamford Connecticut newspaper, the Stamford Advocate, recently running a gun show ad RIGHT NEXT TO A STORY ABOUT SANDY HOOK you may understand that I think Channel 6 is just about guilty of the same insensitivity.

Anyone else want to contact Channel 6 about this?  Personally, I think they are participating in promoting gun shows and should be called to account.  Our gun culture doesn't exist in a vacuum.  It is reinforced in many ways, including by the gun show ads on TV.

Tulsa has the biggest gun shows in the country.  Gun shows are the easiest place to buy multiple guns with no background checks.

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yet another "First Person Shooter" (FPS) game: However, of note, is the possibility that players experience what it's like to try to survive a nuclear bomb attack.

"Fallout 76 isn't a proper Fallout game, but it’s fun anyway"
game review posted by Christopher Livingston 2 days ago

https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-76-isnt-a-proper-fallout-game-but-i...

There's a 2-min videocapture of game play here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVZji_OlG7k

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Forum

Who We Are - The TPF Steering Committee

TPF is a registered non-profit organization in the State of Oklahoma, a non-partisan and non-sectarian civic sector organization, devoted to peace, social uplift, and nonviolence.

16 discussions

Book Reviews, Film Reviews, Review Articles

TPF members post reviews, as part of a previously organized monthly book/dvd exchange or other occasional reading circles

10 discussions

Peace Building, Mutual Aid, and Local Grassroots Community Efforts

People to come together to solve shared challenges at the grassroots level. This discussion forum is for events, plans, strategies and tactics to support sustainability and justice, including mutual aid and self-bootstrapping. Put your reviews of peace-promoting games and nonviolent disobedience training here as well.

15 discussions

© 2024   Created by Tony Nuspl.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service