There never was a good war or a bad peace. ~Ben Franklin
Time: November 12, 2009 from 6pm to 7:30pm
Location: Peace House Tulsa, inside UU Church of the Restoration
Street: 1314 N. Greenwood Ave (just north of OSU-Tulsa)
City/Town: Tulsa (just north of downtown)
Website or Map: http://rethinkafghanistan.com…
Phone: 918 231 2514
Event Type: collective-decisionmaking, steering-committee, monthly-meeting, business-meeting
Organized By: TPF Steering Committee
Latest Activity: Nov 12, 2009
The agenda for this Thursday, 6pm to 7:30pm. Please feel free to make additions to the agenda, by contacting either the TPF President or the TPF Secretary, at least 2 hours prior to the meeting.
1. Post-mortem: Assessing last month's event "Eyes Wide Open: The Costs of War to Oklahoma" temporary installation. (request for more photos)
2. Building online presence for TPF: new listing among "Root Causes" on the Oklahoma Observer's pages http://www.okobserver.net/root-causes/
3. Building TPF membership: Do any of the recent members of the Peace House workshop "American Radical Thought" want to join TPF in its grassroots activism? Please extend personal invitations to them.
4. Plans to screen "Rethink Afghanistan" (Brave New Films, Robert Greenwald), upcoming event in Tulsa. Date TBA.
5. Theme for Dec 5th anti-war rally, monthly at Free Speech Corner (41st & Yale, Tulsa): "U.S. Out of Afghanistan!!" (in conjunction with nationwide groups, see below, under New business, Call to Action)
1. CALL TO ACTION from Veterans for Peace, in cooperation with other national organizations. See press release, below.
2. Sign veterans' petition online to send a clear message to President Obama: Do not send more soldiers into this quagmire:
An Afghanistan War veteran will travel to D.C. to deliver this message to the White House. Make sure your voice is heard.
Upcoming events (sponsored by Peace House OKC and/or Tulsa Peace Fellowship):
1. in OKC: 2009 ANNUAL FALL PEACE FESTIVAL, November 14, 2009, from 10 am to 4 pm, in the downtown Civic Center Hall of Mirrors, 201 N. Walker, Oklahoma City.
Details available online: http://www.peacehouseok.org/FPF.html
At least one member of the TPF Steering Committee will be in attendance, to table flyers, etc. More would be better
2. in Tulsa: International Gift Fair
"Weaving Economic Justice Through Community & Fair Trade"
Start Time: Saturday, November 14 at 9:00am
End Time: Sunday, November 15 at 3:00pm
Where: 2900 S. Harvard, Tulsa, OK
To see more details and RSVP, follow the link below:
3. in OKC: film screening of "Rethink Afghanistan" new 90-minute documentary from Brave New Films
Sunday, Nov. 22, Church of the Open Arms, 3131 N. Pennsylvania Ave, Oklahoma City
4:15 pm: Early seating & Refreshments
4:30 pm SHOW STARTS
5:59 pm DISCUSSION “What to do Now”
4. monthly anti-war protest, Dec 5th, 12 noon to 2pm, southwest corner of 41st & Yale, in Tulsa, on public property
Theme: "U.S. Out of Afghanistan!" (sign painting materials available if you'd like to make your own sign)
1. Housekeeping: List of duties for TPF officers, and TPF Steering Cttee members.
2. More Housekeeping: Composition of TPF sub-committees. Current membership of these various task groups.
3. Sign painting for upcoming anti-war rally